[3830] RTTY Roundup W3DQ M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jan 11 00:15:48 EST 2018

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W3DQ
Operator(s): W3DQ NN3W
Station: W3DQ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: DC

Total:  321  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 13  Total Score = 20,544

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Having a world class operator at one's station is both humbling and a great
learning experience. Where I struggled, NN3W -- who had never been on RTTY or
operated from my station -- came in, sat down, and had a couple of great runs
while holding a conversation and texting all the while.

This was a Saturday only operation. 40 went long early, but 80 made up for it.
We didn't hear or work much DX, missed ND, VT, DE, MS and about half the
Canadian provinces.

We had a fun time... Rich was able to try RTTY, and I learned a lot.

73 from Washington, DC
Eric W3DQ

Orion 565, Acom 1000, F12 C-SS, Inv-L