[3830] NAQP CW W6NF Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 14 00:07:33 EST 2018

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W6NF
Operator(s): W6NF
Station: W6NF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 8:40

Total:  468   151  Total Score = 70,668

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Team: MWA Boreal Owls

Comments:

The name of my team is the MWA Boreal Owls, so I have to say it: That was a
HOOT! :>)

15 was a bit better than last year, 20 was comparable to last year, 40 was not
quite as good but 80 and, especially, 160 made up for that. In fact, 160 was
astonishing. The result on 160 was better than anything I seen since leaving
Northern Nevada in 2012 and this is just with a low 157-foot long-wire. The
usual suspects were missing: SD, ND, NE AK, and HI but this year I actually
worked DC! Also missed were RI, DE and WY. Except for ON, QC and a couple of SK
VE activity seemed lacking.

My final score is nearly 20,000 points greater than last year with only an
additional 20 minutes of operating time. All S&P save for one half-hour run
on 20 that netted 41 Qs.

All in all, it was a very good NAQP.