[3830] NAQP CW N9NB Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 14 01:50:34 EST 2018

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N9NB
Operator(s): N9NB
Station: N9NB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  899   192  Total Score = 172,608

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC GUNNERS

Comments:

What a blast! This contest is always a lot of fun! Its the perfect length and
not too obtrusive on one's sleep. I had hoped to be set up for SO2R, but one of
the rigs is "in the shop" being serviced by Yaesu, so I am still a
single radio operation. Hope to be SO2R in ARRL DX CW.  Seems like its always
something. When getting to the shack last night, I noticed a lot of motion in
the north set of yagis, and it seems as if the north yagis might be pinwheeling
from the rotor, or at least things are loose at the rotor brack. I need to check
this out, but the cold wx is not going to be a friend to such an endeavor.
Things went smoothly, except for when something went haywire with the 160
vertical, a high SWR event, right in the middle of a qso with K5ZD. Fortunately
I have a 160 m dipole as a back up, always in the air and co-fed with the 80m
dipole, and that allowed me to complete the qso in stride, and work a
surprisingly good number of multipliers on top band. I have no idea what could
have failed on the vertical. I ran outside in the dark and the cold during a
break, and could not see anything obvious.

Thanks everyone for the QSO's! everyone seemed to be in a good mood on the
bands, and it was nice to work so many great contesters and leaders of our
hobby.

73 ted n9nb