[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jan 18 22:28:21 EST 2018

                    NCCC Sprint - Jan 19

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: stx

  160:   4      4
   80:  16     15
   40:  13     11
   20:  11      8
   15:   3      3
Total:  47     41  Total Score = 1,927

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Strange night. Fifteen was open to TN,LA, and AZ. Twenty was decent. Forty
seemed disappointing. Eighty was best, but I was a step slow and missed lots of
jump balls. One-sixty was disappointing. Lost nearly every jump ball. The
antenna's SWR seemed normal, but it was one miss after another. The skip seemed
really long Several normally loud and reliable stations were hard to copy.

Am getting used to the K3 on one radio. Seemed so de-sense when the MP
transmitted. Not sure. Going to be really important to understand what's going
on as the Sprint will have HP of course. Still feel "ungrounded." Art
(KZ5D) was way ahead of me the entire NS tonight. Gonna slink away and nurse my
bruised ego with a toddy.

Thanks for good activity. W9RE was a FB four bagger with NA5G, K7SV, N3ZZ, and
NO3M three baggers. Ty-PA must have gotten on late, as he gave me #1 but closed
super fast. Tnx to all, Jim N3BB