[3830] NAQP SSB NX6T M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 21 02:26:42 EST 2018

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): N6KI KK6NON WQ6X K6AM N6NC
Station: NX6T

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CA

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1513   188  Total Score = 284,444

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Condx on 20 and 40 were better than expected. 15 Mtrs a slog and 80
disappointing
like antenna was not working. We tried to operate mostly remote mode but we had
1 computer lock up just as we switched it from station operation to remote mode
and then I lost the ability to record a clean sounding CQ remotely and had to
drive to the NX6T site. Unscheduled OP, John K6AM took over remotely as I drove
to site but all that mess cost us  a half hour worth of Qs on 20 meter band
during prime time! Isn't remoting lots of fun at times when Murphy prevails ?!!
The good news is that on Friday I put up a larger microwave dish and new 5 gHz
radio and picking up 10 more dB of gain and we had no dropouts or latency issues
for the first time in a year ! 2 K3s - C31XR, 2 El Shorty 40 Yagi, 3 El
StteppIR, 80 and 160 dipoles at low 45 ft height. 73 de Dennis N6KI