[3830] NAQP SSB N4TP(@W4DUG) M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 21 14:57:13 EST 2018

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N4TP
Operator(s): N4BZD KX4TT N2WLS W4LT
Station: W4DUG

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: WCF

  160:    2     2
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  848   112  Total Score = 94,976

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

At TARC, we have been trying to get some interest in contesting.  During Field
Day, two of our younger ops caught "the bug".  We have been working
with them to help develop their contest skills.

These two, Lori N4BZD and Dawn K2WLS were ready to "solo" (which means
they are on their own for logging and managing the station without our help). We
set up the station and took the training wheels off and let them loose on the
band for their first real single op effort (in FD, they have loggers). Both
survived with big smiles on their faces!

We concentrated on getting them maximum exposure to pileup running conditions,
so not much search and pounce for them in this one. It was great to see nice
multiple pileups on 20 and 40 for them to sift through.  Also nice to have them
practice moving mults to another band with a single radio, as they would have to
do in a home station single op effort.

Since our goal for this contest was to get these two ops as much experience as
possible in real on air operating conditions, we decided to submit this
Multi-One effort as Multi-Two (since there is no Multi-One category). Hopefully
this summer, we will have two more ops to field a real multi-2 and practice
moving mults to the other station.

One step at a time!

Welcome K2WLS and N4BZD to Radiosport! Great job on your first solo outing!

Rig: Kenwood TS590s in the "My First Contest Rig" configuration
Logger: N1MMLogger Plus driving the rig's built in DVK via CATASC command
Antennas: F12 C31XR @ 108ft, F12 XR5 @ 55ft, F12 EF240X @ 118ft, Carolina Windom
160 @ 90ft

73

Lee KX4TT and Lu W4LT