[3830] CQ160 CW VE9AA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 28 08:41:57 EST 2018

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 1:19

Total:  QSOs = 171  State/Prov = 32  Countries = 14  Total Score = 42,090

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Made my usual 'hour or so' appearance.  In this case, 1 hour 18 minutes late Sat
evening.  Condx seemed kinda odd. Had real trouble hearing the southern 4's.
K4BAI was about 419 where he is usually barreling in, whereas some Eastern EU's
and Russians were 579.  Seemed to be a wall at the VA border and everything
beyond that dropped waaaay off.  Then again, I was only on for little more than
an hour, so what do I know?!, hi !

A cluster search today revealed NB was well represented with VE9HF, VE9XX, VE9ML
and VE9CB and a couple others all QRV so NB was on the map.

The electric fence next door is especially brutal on this band.  Even with the
NBlanker on, spikes every 1.2 seconds are over S9.  I am down to 1 antenna from
the dual array, so cannot even 'beam away' from the fence to slightly lessen the
repetitive torture.(now you know why I was only on for an hour)

Was nice to say hey to lotsa  friends and worked a couple new calls too.

Single inverted L, with 2 raised radials.

No RX antennas
Rig: IC-7410, YCCC SO2R+ box, N3ZN ZN-9 paddle, Yamaha CM500
headset, N1MM+ logger
CU (all of  sudden) in the next one!

dit dit

-Mike VE9AA  in  NB