[3830] CQ160 CW AA8TA Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 28 08:45:58 EST 2018

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: AA8TA
Operator(s): AA8TA
Station: AA8TA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Columbus, OH

Total:  QSOs = 230  State/Prov = 38  Countries = 1  Total Score = 19,812

Club: DELARA Contest Team

Comments:

Just did a few hours on Saturday night.  Very busy, fortunately, the rain we had
today did not cause much static problems.

My first top-band using this call sign.  Did another 160 test over a year ago
using our club's call sign.

Using our club station with an 80-meter full size loop with a tuner to try to
get it on 160 meters.  Could not get much power out and I don't know how much
actually made it to the antenna.  Probably no more than 30 watts.

Despite all that, managed to work Cayman Islands, CA and AZ.  I think only
Canadian provinces, though.

Lots of fun.

Thanks for the contacts.

Kenwood TS-590S, barefoot