[3830] CQ160 CW N9TF Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 28 11:14:11 EST 2018

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

Total:  QSOs = 421  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 5  Total Score = 56,202

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Missed ID, AK, and HI for WAS. Heard one ID station S&Ping. Never heard AK
or HI.DX worked C6, EA8, KP2, PJ2, and ZF. ZF9CW had strong signal the entire
time I heard him.
Conditions definitely better Friday night. I was hearing many EU Friday night
and Caribbean signals were much stronger as well.
I had a pipeline to AZ this time around. Worked 11 stations there. Even 7 CA in
log. West is my most difficult direction due to antenna height and orientation.
Had a few decent runs Saturday night/Sunday morning. 141 of my 421 came from
running. I don't usually do that well with low power and a short (67') single
wire antenna.
Noise level for most of the time was OK. There were times late Saturday night my
noise floor would increase by 10DB.
This is by far a personal best in this contest. Had lots of fun.

73 Gene, N9TF

Rig: K3S 100 watts to a W8AMZ 67' foot shortened half sloper at 35' apex, aimed
about 60 degrees.