[3830] CQ160 CW N0VD Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 28 12:28:30 EST 2018

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N0VD
Operator(s): N0VD
Station: N0VD

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: AZ

Total:  QSOs = 75  State/Prov = 36  Countries = 12  Total Score = 12,672

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

It was super fun to finally get back on 160 after a 3 1/2 year absence.  The
station in AZ is starting to come together after a year of building. Last
weekend I added 220v to the shack and Saturday I unboxed the amp that has been
packed away since our move from Texas.

I took a lightning strike shortly before leaving Texas and now that I'm pulling
things from their boxes and putting them on the desk, I'm finding bits of damage
that was done. The amp was the latest casualty. Found a cap rattling around in
the PS chassis, so fixed that. Thought everything else looked OK, but upon
powering it up, found that there was no HV and the tube blower fan was stuck in
turbo mode. Turned out the missing HV was due to a blown fuse in the PS, but
will have to investigate the turbo fan. Nonetheless, I was able to give it a
workout on Saturday night during the EU sunrise.

All Qs were S&P and I was really in DX mode, but really enjoyed being on the
band again.  Thanks for the Qs!

Kelly - N0VD