[3830] CQ160 CW ZF2BJ(K0BJ) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 28 15:28:09 EST 2018

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: ZF2BJ
Operator(s): K0BJ
Station: ZF1A

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Grand Cayman

Total:  QSOs = 255  State/Prov = 48  Countries = 13  Total Score = 79,727

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

I had hoped to operate both nights but the red-eye flight Friday was too much
and I slept in hopes of being good Saturday. The rig in place at ZF1A was a
FT-767 which had defective sidetone. I swapped for the more familiar to me
IC-756.  Luckily Andrew ZF2EJ came along and found the 6-pin power cord.... I
was halfway through jury-rigging light duty alligator clips for my 12V
delivery.  I also discovered we needed to deploy 450' of RG-6 for the SAL-20
array - Andrew made quick work of that in the now dark. Wiring up the DX
Engineering RTR-2 rx ant switch was straightforward.  SOunds like I shoulda been
on Friday night for the better condx.

Condx seemed a bit soft, using 100W and the ZF1A 2el wire beam. I didn't get a
good run going until after my 1-4AM nap (admittedly I didn't over-try earlier).
Normally EU is fairly easy from  ZF but I bagged just 4 EU (missed OK) and 9
Carib/SA.  I worked N2IC K0EU K0AV W7SE K0RF. Missed KS! NE ID DC.... heard DC
and I heard my buddy K0WA working a 9 portanle in KS but didn't snag either.
K0RF was S&Ped while I was checking DX Summit on another screen, shortly b4
my nap  When he came back with  ?  after my report, I realized I'd sent  5NN
KS   :-)

ZF9CW was pleased when I called in for a mult.

We're here just a week..... I hope to operate 1 or 2 more evenings.  Will try
to advise when I go.  It's about 30 minute drive to ZF1A shack.

255 QSO   1307 pts   48 US/VE  13 DX    79,727 score