[3830] CQ160 CW W3DQ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 28 16:53:42 EST 2018

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W3DQ
Operator(s): W3DQ
Station: W3DQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Washington, DC

Total:  QSOs = 315  State/Prov = 48  Countries = 8  Total Score = 41,776

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I started late, and was unable to put in much time on the first night. Equipment
issues, inability to get everything working (no spotting), flaky antennas and
amp, not to mention a family outing.

The second night was lots of fun. Everything worked (eventually), with the
exception of my CW and typing skills. I need a lot more practice! That
notwithstanding, I made a major effort to run, which was both scary and fun at
the same time. Thanks to all who patiently waited through my slow come-backs,
mangling callsigns and fat fingers. In all, I ran almost 50% of the time.

In the end it was very satisfying. It was the first time in a while I've put in
this much time and was satisfied with the results.

See you in the next one!

73,
Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC