[3830] CQ160 CW LZ1ABC Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 28 17:24:53 EST 2018

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: LZ1ABC
Operator(s): LZ1AQ LZ1ABC
Station: LZ1ABC

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Vaksevo
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 742  State/Prov = 5  Countries = 58  Total Score = 243,432

Operators: lz1aq and lz1abc
Rig: ic-756pro, Perseus
PA: Acom 1011 (600w) - Thanks to LZ1JK for supplying the PA
Ant: TX: Inverted L (15m height) + ATU; RX: Active antenna 2 loops 150m away
from the TX.

Some highlights:
- Lots of local noise from the power lines - that's why we had to move the rx
antenna away from our house. The antenna was 150m (in stright line) away on a
nearby hill. 230m of ftp cabel was needed to get to the antenna.
- We were able to listen with the rx antenna on a second receiver while
transmitting (just not within 4KHz of the TX frequency).
- Balun 1:1 was getting hot and had to reduce power from time to time.
- Lots of EU satations in the noise, which were difficult to copy (sri for
that).
- The power amplifier did very well and helped us to beat lz1aq's old record of
550qsos.
- Recording of the last minutes here (WebSDR receiver - OK1KPU):
https://borkomir.no-ip.org/owncloud/index.php/s/KBTrREZf7OU01QT
- Huge signal from vy2tt second night.
- No cluster was used.

Thanks for all the contacts and hope to see you again.