[3830] CQ160 CW KD4D(@W3LPL) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 28 18:33:43 EST 2018

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KD4D
Operator(s): KD4D
Station: W3LPL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD

Total:  QSOs = 1019  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 57  Total Score = 413,076

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks again to Frank Donovan, W3LPL, for letting me take his station for a
spin.  I was about 7000 points below my all-time best score in this one (Low
Power) from 2013.

This was a switch from last year when Friday night was terrible and Saturday
night was pretty good.  This year, Friday night was good - particularly for a
few hours before European sunrise.  Saturday wasn't terrible but a lot of
Europeans couldn't hear my low-power signal.  I heard two JAs Sunday morning at
our sunrise - one of them started CQing on my run frequency - but they couldn't
hear me.

W3LPL 160 Meter Station: Two K3 transceivers with lockouts to prevent
simultaneous xmit
4-square transmitting and receiving array, using 40 meter high verticals
8-circle W8JI/W5ZN/N4HY passive receiving array, 105 meters in diameter
Three 580 foot Beverage antennas: NE, South and West

The station also includes a 3-1000Z 1500 watt output monoband amplifier shared
by the two transmitters which was bypassed for this weekend:

Hourly Rates:
Day             Hr     1.8   Accum
 1/26/2018      22      69      69
 1/26/2018      23      82     151