[3830] CQ160 CW K9MMS Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 28 19:00:16 EST 2018

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: IL

Total:  QSOs = 633  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 31  Total Score = 150,232

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

FLEX 6500 + AL-80B  800 watts ; WinTest logging
TX: Inverted L
RX: 3-element Hi-Z array ; RBOG ; Short reversible ; EWE

Part time operation.  The goal was just to try for maximizing sections, work all
50 states, and maximize DX QSOs.  The Q count was not primary -- just whatever
happened.  65% of QSOs via CQs -- rates over 100 at times -- had some 3 and 4
Qs/minute times.  Spent a lot of time just looking for DX or needed sections.
After the first night, had 310 Qs, 56 sections, and 26 DX for 9.5 hours of radio
time.

Worked all contiguous states plus DC.  Also worked KH7M, but never heard KL7 and
never saw any spots for Alaska on top band.  DX QSOs totaled 46, but no new DXCC
entities worked.

As in many previous years in this contest, the rate and Q-count on the second
night is never as good as the first night.  This year, DX conditions were good
on Friday night, but very poor on Saturday night.  On Saturday night, I could
not hear many of the EU stations that were spotted.  I did not bother to stay up
and operate during sunrise both days.

Top band is always fun.  Thanks for the Qs, Ms, and fun.
73,
   Gary . K9MMS