[3830] CQ160 CW W8FJ Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 28 21:18:35 EST 2018

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W8FJ
Operator(s): W8FJ
Station: W8FJ

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: PA

Total:  QSOs = 750  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 66  Total Score = 407,625

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This contest is always lots of fun, and this year was no exception.  I was
working this weekend, so my time was limited.  Band conditions on the first
night were pretty good but no so good on the second night.  I still had plenty
of 10-point QSOs (195) and 5-point QSOs (67).  This was a personal best for me
in this contest.  The set up here is a K3S and Alpha 8410 into a modified
inverted-L antenna with 24 1/4 wave radials on the ground.  The transmit
antennna is worthless on receive (too much noise), so I have 3 short, reversible
beverages (approx 100M long) that run through the woods behind my house.
Without them I would be lost.  I call the transmit antenna an inverted
"check mark". The N1MM+ Logging Software is simply incredible.  My
thanks to the devoted team that supports it.  I'm already looking forward to
next year.