[3830] CQ160 CW OL0A(OK1CZ) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 29 06:26:37 EST 2018

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: OL0A
Operator(s): OK1CZ
Station: OK1CZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: JO70

Total:  QSOs = 390  State/Prov = 7  Countries = 48  Total Score = 106,040

I used a simple temporary almost invisible antenna at my city QTH,
a quarter wave Inverted U (sort of) from a thin wire going around the house to
max height of 13m partly zig-zagged and end fed against a few radials. It worked
to the west and helped even to a few DX QSOs (NA) however it did not work to the
east (probably due to screening from the house). So I was not able to reach a
number of not too distant UA and YO stations and mults from the east and
south-east.
Interesting fact was that some of the stations that did not hear me when I was
calling them later responded to my CQ. After the contest I found that I was
never spotted on the DX cluster so maybe a result of being caught by skimmers?
I had fun and thanks for the QSOs everyone. 73 OK1CZ