[3830] CQ160 CW N4EEV Single Op Assisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 29 20:53:43 EST 2018

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N4EEV
Operator(s): N4EEV
Station: N4EEV

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: GA

Total:  QSOs = 307  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 21  Total Score = 64,602

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

K3/100 and T Vertical with open feeder doublet @ 35ft using limited radial field
(2 @20ft, 2 @ 30ft, 4 @ 60ft) on a new-to-me 5BTV. Conditions were excellent on
the first night as I heard many, many EU stations. Almost WAS missing AK, HI and
WA, although I chased WA around several times when ops couldn't hear them and
started a run on their freq; this occurred with many DX STN as well. Such is
propagation, never the same everywhere. Conditions average or the second evening
with high QRN from a threatening storm that never happened. All and all a fun
event for me. I was VERY pleased with a compromise antenna. Doublet was
installed directly over the radial field of 5BTV. Thanks for the QSO. 73 Mike