[3830] IARU OH1VR SOABCW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 15 10:10:22 EDT 2018

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: OH1VR
Operator(s): OH1VR
Station: OH1VR

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: Ikaalinen

  160:    27    -       2      17
   80:   116    -       7      17
   40:   276    -      15      25
   20:   534    -      27      24
   15:    43    -      12      12
   10:    12    -       4       4
-------------------------------------
Total:  1008    0      67      99  Total Score = 528,544

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

My first ever contest operating remote. One hour before the start of the contest
I got with the help of OH3BJL my win-test software to work with my system: K3S +
K3/0 mini and Remoterig boxes - but unfortunately without side tone. Since late
May I have worked with this remote setup step by step. Two last phases -
automatic antenna switching and tower rotator - are still in the process. This
time I used only one antenna direction: west. That's why I have only some UA9's
from Asia and a couple of EA8's from Africa in my log. Eg. not a single JA.
Anyway KT36XA at 42 mtrs and Cushcraft 2-el on 40 mtrs at 39 mtrs did a good job
towards west. My goal was 1000 q's and I did it. When you hear me next time in
the contest I'll be remote. This IARU contest was the beginning of the new era.
Thanks for QSO's!