[3830] IARU EI2CN SOAB(A)CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 15 11:38:41 EDT 2018

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: EI2CN
Operator(s): EI2CN
Station: EI2CN

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH: Ireland

  160:   66     0       6       23
   80:   53     0      10       22
   40:   70     0      18       29
   20:  493     0      38       34
   15:   28     0      16       26
   10:   24     0       7       14
-------------------------------------

SOAB assisted by cluster HP CW only

My plans were to just dip into the contest.    Well it sucked me in so that 13.6
hours were spent in the chair.    Still got my sleep; ate my meals and even had
a bit of exercise.    There was plenty of activity but the bands were not over
crowded and this includes twenty where 67% of my QSOs were made.   Well I did
not operate through the night.   It was always possible to find a slot on twenty
CW and there was never a point where it got boring.   Too much time was perhaps
spent on ten but the 29 multipliers help.

Most of my operating was spent chasing multipliers and it was only on Sunday
morning that I really needed to operate a run station as there were no
multipliers left to work.

This is my first solo IARU.   We were supposed to operate as a group in EI0R but
the good weather was too much of a temptation.    Ireland has been experiencing
once in thirty years balmy weather that lasts and is predictable.

Well some cob webs are cleared and hopefully EI2KM will be on for IOTA with my
good friend Alain, F8FUA/EI2KM.

Thank you all for the QSOs.     73 Doug EI2CN

K3 fully loaded
Acom 2000A at 1500 Watts permitted for contesting in EI.    Normal power limit
is 400W.
4 el SteppIR at 24M or 80' with trombone for 40M
inverted v for 80M

inveted L for 160M

Hi-Z 8 circle for 160M    200' diameter exclusively for this band

Hi-Z 9 circlr for 40/80/160 M optimized for 40M

Micro-Keyer II
WinTest