[3830] IARU XE2B SOAB(A)Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 15 17:09:36 EDT 2018

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: XE2B
Operator(s): XE2B
Station: XE2B

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed HP
QTH: AGS

  160:    0      0      0       0
   80:   15      0      5       1
   40:  255      1     18      19
   20:  415     59     24      37
   15:   69      3      2       0
   10:   01      1      2       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  755     64     58      66  Total Score = 319,548

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Rig FT1000MP
Antennas: Cushcraft Log periodic ASL2010 @ 75 FT + Alpha DX-A,
AL800H @ 500Watts (only on high bands) 40,80 & 160M barefoot

Objectives were simple: Have fun, Maximize the score and work as many WRTC
stations as possible.

However, working the  LP  WRTC stations behind the NA wall turned out to be a
simple task.

 I started S&P  on 40M with very slow rates and just three JA stations on
the first hour , which kind of surprised  me, (I’d expected more).

At 13000z,  I switched briefly to 15M to check out the band, finding some  NA
stations.

Then changed to 20M,  where it yielded some EU stations while  working a few
WRTC stations.
At 14000z, I started to run stations and the rest journey was mix with S&P.

This time I  was forced to maximize the filtering capabilties of my FT1000MP,
when a string of Y8 stations started to be heard S1-S3 (as expected) around
1830z, and intereleaved among unsuspected unassisted NA stations, who were
almost on top of, or at very close range.
I Managed to work 31 of them -CW only,  on 20M. Indeed amazing operating skills
and ears of the WRTC Teams!

0145z I switched to 40M where I was  forced to work Low power, because it was
creating wreac-havoc to my just installed 2KVA UPS (I need to work on this).
Changing bands to 20M and a couple of times to briefly work 80M.

Closed the log and called quits at 0644z with the best ever, claimed score on
this test

Congratulations to the WRTC organizers and volunteers,  You did a fantastic
job!!