[3830] IARU AH6KO SOABCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 15 17:27:48 EDT 2018

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: AH6KO
Operator(s): AH6KO
Station: AH6KO

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: Pahoa Hawaii

  160:
   80:   27             7       2
   40:  225            19       5
   20:  335            23      19
   15:    2             1       0
   10:
-------------------------------------

Most excellent to see lots of radio friends in this event, thanks for the
contacts and greetings!

My 4th IARU on CW, have been able to improve the score each year, but more hours
were necessary this time. Again this year, could not do anything with 15 meters.
20 was smothered in a velvet blanket in the Hawaiian mid-day. For a time, I
thought the radio  was broken. Slapping it on the side was no help. At about
0000Z I was relieved to hear the band open to everywhere, and the rest of the
way was pure CW fun.

The new volcano is 4 miles upwind, and while we still have this great place,
every session on the radio is a gift.

73 and Aloha~ Stan AH6KO

Lower Puna, Big Island, Hawaii
100W + 40/20/15 dipole at 55 ft, 80 dipole at 45 ft.