[3830] IARU K1IMI(N4CW) SOABCW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 15 18:09:36 EDT 2018

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K1IMI
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: K1IMI

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 13:39

  160:
   80:   24     0       8       8
   40:  323     0      15      18
   20:  451     0      21      21
   15:   77     0       7      14
   10:    5     0       3       1
-------------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Put up a rotary dipole just before the contest -- the driven element from an old
Telrex TB-6...worked great on 20, 15, and 10. Used a G5RV on 40 and 80...one end
at 55 feet, the other end at 6 feet! Had to make the best of what I had...

Rig: KX3 and KXPA100 driving an Acom 1000. Power out ranged from 700W on 20 to 1
kW on other bands.

The contest was a great experience! ALL ops congenial and polite. Conditions
were not too bad. Heard/but not worked, DU and BY...also missed several HQ
stations that were loud but couldn't hear me! WRTC ops generally weak at this
end, but they had GREAT ears! A hearty, "Well done!" to them.