[3830] IARU KG4IGC SOABSSB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 15 18:27:17 EDT 2018

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SOABSSB LP
QTH: South Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 11:17

  160:   0       0      0       0
   80:   0      10      3       7
   40:   0      48      8      17
   20:   0     180     14      30
   15:   0      12      7       3
   10:   0       1      0       1
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     497     58      58  Total Score = 44,730

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Band conditions were marginal, worked stateside stations most of the day on 20.
Used my horizontal loop for most of the day. The Hex seemed to work better in
the late afternoon and was outperforming the loop on EU contacts. Saw quite a
few EU stations on 20 during the day but they were difficult to work due to band
conditions and pileups. Had much better luck with EU starting in the late
afternoon on 20. 15 meters opened a little in the afternoon stateside, mostly to
zones 4, 7, & 8. I also worked a couple of stations out of South America on
15. Was unable to use my 15 meter super loop, had very bad RFI problem on
transmit with this antenna. Only heard one stateside station on 10 meters. Not
many stations to work during the morning or afternoon on 40 meters SSB. The
band(40)opened up to EU in the early evening around 6:30 PM, and was pretty hot
until around 11PM. Most EU was workable on 40 with one to three calls.Did not
have much luck on 80 meters, static was really high.

RIG: Yaesu FT-DX3000
PWR: 100
ANT:Loop @ 30\' & Hex @ 20\'