[3830] IARU NJ8J SOABCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 16 02:54:30 EDT 2018

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NJ8J
Operator(s): NJ8J
Station: NJ8J

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: Georgia
Operating Time (hrs): 11:15

  160:    4             1       1
   80:   17             4       0
   40:  117            11      17
   20:  109            12      14
   15:   23             6       0
   10:   12             5       1
-------------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment:
Alinco DX-77T
LDG AT-11MP Automatic Antenna tuner

Antennas:
110 ft OCF doublet fed with ladder-line
10 Meter Half-Square

Logger: N1MM+

Went into this hoping to improve my 2014 effort of 641 Q's, and a score of 63459
(which was enough snag the Georgia SOLP Mixed cert.  The propagation, however,
was not cooperating.  The bands, even 10 meters, showed activity, but primarily
NA, with some SA thrown in.  I count only 5 Q's outside of NA/SA up until I took
a break at about 1930Z, and I'm tempted to not count the 2 Canary Island Q's
(EA8 et al always seems to be an easy contact from here, for some reason).  The
other three was a KH6, and a couple of EU Q's.  I really wasn't expecting so
little EU propagation in the morning and afternoon.  When I came back at 2115Z,
propagation to EU seemed to be back, so that helped.

Had some rig trouble at one point, as I couldn't get output on 15 meters.  That
turned out to be that my MFJ switching power supply had it's output voltage set
a bit high.  Tweaking it back down got everything working again, but it meant
that I was off 15 for what seemed to me to be prime 15M activity time.

But the net result was that after putting in 2:45 hours more than in 2014, I had
a Q count of less than half what I had in 2014.

Only heard (and worked) 1 WRTC station.