[3830] IARU K6GHA SOABMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 16 13:37:42 EDT 2018

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K6GHA
Operator(s): K6GHA
Station: K6GHA

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: CA

  160:    0      0      0       0
   80:   32      6      8       5
   40:   98     33     19       9
   20:  128     79     27      32
   15:   25      1      9       2
   10:    0      0      0       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  283    119     63      48  Total Score = 132,978

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was a special year where my attention was divided between contesting and
watching the WRTC competition, and doing simple search and pounce. It was
motivational as well as frustrating this year. On the motivation side, I kept
trying to keep a rate and having fun in the challenge. In frustration, LP and a
not optimal location from the west coast proved to be my downfall in even
hearing any of the WRTC participants. It pointed out a flaw in my station, or at
least antennas, as I only heard 2 stations and was unable to work either.
 But the IARU has its own values. I really enjoyed all the pacific contacts and
enjoyed some surprise contacts.
Looking forward to the IARU next year, WRTC in 4 years, and improving my station
along the way.