[3830] IARU WO1N SOAB(A)CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jul 17 00:52:54 EDT 2018

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: SOAB(A)CW LP
QTH: EMA

  160:    0     0       0       0
   80:    0     0       0       0
   40:    1     0       1       0
   20:  241     0      21      24
   15:   63     0       6      15
   10:   20     0       6       3
-------------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station : FTdx5000, C3-SS at 38', R7, N1MM+

Recent tree work had my 40M dipole and 80M C wires on the ground. K1KP, Tony,
announced a MS effort with lots of sign-ups for the daylight hours but
leaving the overnight empty. I volunteered to fill as much of the overnight
that I could manage and did the daytime from my home station.

 The operation from K1KP introduced two new hams to radiosport. Hopefully we
were able to hook a couple. When I got on the rates were incredible, high power
and high antenna beat low power and low antenna everyday. I only managed to
zorch a relay hot switching his 80M delta loops around 3 AM local.
Mental mistake after 7 or 8 hours continuous operation. Note to new hams,
*don't* do that. :-)

Tony's new IC7600 played awesome and the spectrum display is the best I
have ever seen on a radio.

The WRTC is a once in 4 year event and I wanted to show support by getting on
the air. In the end 325Q from home in 7 hours and 600Q from K1KP in about 10.5
hours. The WRTC competitors really showed their prowess on the bands. I enjoyed
the daily video updates put out by the organizing team, Great Job!

Tony closed out the last hour at his station and I shot home, made a few
more Qs to close out my own log. Log submitted within 10 minutes of the end to
both the WRTC organizers and the ARRL.

Ken - WO1N