[3830] CWopsT NN5O LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jul 19 00:11:50 EDT 2018

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jul 19

Call: NN5O
Operator(s): NN5O
Station: NN5O

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): :41

Total:  69  Mults = 62  Total Score = 4,278

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

Well, I actually had a bit more time tonight to play in the CWT playground.

So nice to hear so many new member numbers above 2000.  So hard to believe that
we've gotten that many members since I got in with #1327.  Does that mean I'm
just plain old?????

'Twas so good to hear several DX stations tonight, especially Roger G3LDI #1843.
 I think this may have been my first time to work him on 30 meters.  Great
signal and fist Roger.

Then, a true highlight came after the clock ticked off at the end.  I heard Lar
K7SV and Vic K9UIY tipping their hats at each other, so I just HAD to shoot a
quick 73 to them as they signed off.  Then, Vic (one of my mentors, along with
John Laney, K4BAI, from way back in my early General class days in the mid
70s--and I'm not sure Vic even knew he was mentoring me, but I paid close
attention to how he operated on the air.  And, back then, even with my shiny
WB5EIN callsign, he was immensely nice to me...not doing anything special or out
of the way, but just being his good, kind self) and I had a quick little confab,
swapping pleasantries and good wishes for a spiffy weekend.  So, what better way
to wind up a day of CWT activity?  There isn't!

OK, here's wishing each of my CWOps friends a happy rest of the week, then a
restful, pleasant, productive weekend.  I'm going to Alabama for a celebration
of a 10th birthday Sunday for grandson, Max.  He is the true light of my eye!

73,
Dr. Larry S. Anderson, NN5O  #1327
Tupelo, MS
Flex 6600M into 273' loop @ 40 ft