[3830] IARU OP0HQ Headquarters HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jul 20 14:32:44 EDT 2018

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: OP0HQ
Operator(s): ON1TO ON7FL ON6CC ON7WM ON4SOG ON4AMP ON6NL ON3WIL ON3ZC ON4BEN ON5UC ON7ZB ON4AMX ON7YZ ON7GB ON4JZ ON4DS ON8ZL OO7J ON7LX ON4CJK ON5OO ON7TK ON7TA ON1BN ON4AML ON4AFW ON6FBR ON8WR ON4IA ON6KX ON6LY ON1DX ON2HF ON7BWT
Station: OP0HQ

Class: Headquarters HP
QTH: Belgium

  160:   357    147    11       32
   80:   821    896    18       42
   40:  1667   1305    30       51
   20:  1992   1260    50       64
   15:   830    427    33       51
   10:   503    245    13       31
-------------------------------------
Total:  6170   4280   155      271  Total Score = 14,542,788

Club: UBA

Comments:

After several months of preparations, OP0HQ hit the airwaves in the IARU HF
World Championship last Saturday.
The stations participating in the HQ effort were located throughout Belgium more
precise in the Flemish speaking part with some of our Walloon friends hosted in
Flanders.
Many of the locations were networked in N1MM plus configuration others in a VPN
network. This created motivation and provided great camaraderie , particularly
through the chat window on whatsapp . We eat , drink soft drinks or coffee or
other refreshing beverages , do some BBQ or  taste the good Belgian food
imported from Holland in form of mussels.

The two networks worked flawlessly , the stations did also most of the time,and
we fortunately had no thunderstorm and it's related problems.
Band conditions where good to fair and luckily for the ham community 15 and 10
offered good opportunities .

Thanks to all UBA members and their local clubs for making this nice event
succesfull .

To the other hams abroad , see You all next year