[3830] CQWW VHF N1PRW Hilltopper QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 22 17:37:04 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: N1PRW
Operator(s): N1PRW
Station: N1PRW

Class: Hilltopper QRP
QTH: EMA

Total:   0     0  Total Score = 1

QRP from Andover, Mass at 130' ASL. Weather was rain, humid and 80F.

Station Equipment:
- Yaesu FT-817ND, 5 Watts
- 1/2 wavelength 6m aluminum dipole

The contest was a complete failure in planning, implementation, and
expectations.

The Hilltopper class is restricted to a six-hour continuous operations window,
so I usually pick Sunday afternoons. There is not usually enough time on
Saturdays after 1800 UTC to operate outdoors. So I missed some enhancements.

Sunday afternoon I overheard one phone contact.

50.313 was boo-dooo-do-boo-boo-doodoodloodoo all day.

Looks like I finally need to get on the FT8 bandwagon, I guess. No way around
it. That sucked.