[3830] CQWW VHF N1RWY SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 22 17:54:25 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: N1RWY
Operator(s): N1RWY
Station: N1RWY

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: San Tan Valley, AZ

    2:   12     4
-------------------
Total:  182    90  Total Score = 17,730

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

What an absolute cluster the contest vs non contest mode FT8 created on 6M.  I
know I worked more stations NOT running contest mode than running it.  I had to
have lost at least 2 dozen qsos due to either me or the other fella on the
"other" setting.  Oh well.. It sure kept it interesting.

A great opening Sunday AM for voice contacts and able to hit solid run numbers
for a few hours.  Nice to work several new grids as well as as few new countries
on 6, all less than 90W.  Fun times.

Lost auto tracking on the EME array so spent a ton of time trying to get that
working, and not working stations.    All in all, a very good contest- aside
from the FT8 mode nonsense.  Great to see the high level of voice and digital
ops.