[3830] NAQP RTTY AA4LR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 22 22:50:15 EDT 2018

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

   80:    7     4
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  120    53  Total Score = 6,360

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC

Comments:

Antennas:
80/40m Trap Dipole at 10m high

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 w/KAT100 running 100 watts

Comments:

A part-time effort from a new QTH -- the parsonage off Bolton Road in the heart
of Atlanta. When the contest started, I had nothing set up - no radio, no
antennas, nothing.

Untangled the dipole and tried to put it up with the slingshot/fishing reel
gadget. Part of my difficulty is that I forgot to bring my 1/16" pull line.
The fishing line was not strong enough to pull the rope over the tree limbs. I
got one end over a tree, but the other end broke three times. Ended up using a
wrench over a lower limb just to get on the air.

Finally got everything set up about 2245z. Glad to find 10m still open.
Conditions were probably pretty good. Handed out Qs for a while, even managed a
short run on 40m. 80m was disappointing, but I didn't stay up long enough to see
if it opened further.

Anyway, great fun to get on and make some Qs. Been a while since I used the K2
that much. What a great little rig!