[3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jul 25 16:24:42 EDT 2018

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Jul 25

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: White Pine Trail
Operating Time (hrs): 0:20

Total:  11  Mults = 11  Total Score = 121

Club: Michigan QRP Clubq

Comments:

Great Propagation.  Quite high RFI from nearby industrial shop about 500 meters
away from the site.  Worst on 40.  30 and 20 were very "hot" for
contacts.  Arrived in time to set up by 1800Z to allow folks who were looking
for a "parks on the air" contact.  Managed 20 contacts prior to the
"witching hour" of 1900Z.  Only found N8DNA on 40, so quickly moved to
20 where it was the usual madness.  However, conditions were so great that even
my pipsquoke signal could be heard!

One catastrophe.  I rigged up my antenna with what I thought would be good
enough for a couple hours.  WRONG!  A wind came along, the Jackite collapsible
pole fell down and broke one of the segments.  DRATZ!  I collapsed the pole down
to where it was not broken, jerry rigged the antenna wire so it wasn't on the
ground, and finished off 5 or so contacts to get 11 total for the CWT.
Fortunaetly I have two of these poles, so I'll be sending off for a replacement
segment for this pole, and using the 'backup" pole for further adventures
into State and National Parks for "Parks on the Air."

Note to myself, figure out a substantial way to support the antenna mast on the
automobile.  Usually I attach it to a parking or informational post, but I set
up in the shade with my car as the only support.  C'est le guerre.