[3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jun 6 18:57:26 EDT 2018

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Jun 6

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Fort Custer SRA MICH
Operating Time (hrs): 0:40

Total:  20  Mults = 20  Total Score = 400

Club: MICHIGAN QRP CLUB

Comments:

Got started only a few minutes prior to 1900.  Trip was much longer in time than
predicted by Google Maps GPS.  Did manage at to arrive and set up at Fort Custer
State Recreation Area, KFF-3310 in time to find my friend N2CX who was at the
New Jersey Pinelands State Park, KFF-4564.  He was on 30 meters, and the time
was 1855Z, so obviously it was NOT a CWT contact.

Conditions were OK, except it was hard to fight the Big Guns.  Took patience and
persistence at times, but still was able to manager a Q every 2 minutes on
average.  Ambient noise was VERY LOW, very seldom even registering on the S
meter of the KX2.

Thanks to all who managed to hear my pipsqueak setup.