[3830] DRCG RTTY MM3AWD SOAB-6 QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jun 9 18:26:05 EDT 2018

                    DRCG WW RTTY Contest

Call: MM3AWD
Operator(s): MM3AWD
Station: MM3AWD

Class: SOAB-6 QRP
QTH: Peterhead (OM QTH)

   80:  10        7          0
   40:  32       15          1
   20:  35       18          3
   15:   2        2          0
   10:   0        0          0
-----------------------------------
Total:  79       42          4  Total Score = 23,092

Club: Interest Group RTTY

Comments:

Unfortunately circumstances changed a few days before this one.
i had originally planned to be at the contest QTH and tie in the breaks between
sessions with some shack renovation there.

I had to operate from my fathers QTH, with a rather poor doublet, in a very
small garden and does not perform too well. compared with what im used to
using.

Due to the antenna being short it was very difficult being heard on 80
especially with QRP.
40 was slightly better but still tough.
20 was ok but the bands were very poor.
every day for weeks now there has been lovely sporadic E openings on 10.. not a
thing heard here during the time i operated. band was closed! TYPICAL!

couldnt operate any more, so decided to go with the 6 hour category.

Love the format of this contest, allows for other things to be taken care of
during a weekend. Other contests like these would be welcome.

Thanks for the Q's

73, Scott
MM3AWD