[3830] ARRL June VHF N4GG Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 10 21:45:21 EDT 2018

                    ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: N4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EM74
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  82     54
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  82     54  Total Score = 4,428

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Overall conditions were poor.  Saturday there was 1 QSO in the log.  Sunday
things picked up but a lot of the eSkip was bouncing over GA as it often does.
I made a few FT8 QSOs which are not in my total.  There is an FT8 contest mode
which most stations were not aware of and when a station (like mine) tried
contest mode it led to nothing but endless repeats from the stations running
mostly robotically.  Also at 1 minute per Q FT8 doesn't seem like a contest mode
at all.  It was nice to see plenty of action on CW and SSB even though CONDX
could have been a lot better (Like they were a week ago!).

FTdx5000, KW TV amp, 3 el. yagi at 50 feet, WRITELOG