[3830] ARRL June VHF WA3AER Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 10 21:58:06 EDT 2018

                    ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: WA3AER
Operator(s): WA3AER
Station: WA3AER

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD

    6:  65     42
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  65     42  Total Score = 2,730

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A Sunday afternoon adventure on 6M...better than having to be out in the rain.
One day I must get a real 6M antenna! VHF contesting is certainly unlike HF,
with MUCH time spent scrolling the band for signals to pop up that weren't there
a minute or 2 ago. One minute a signal is blowing the cans off my head; the next
they are barely readable. A panadapter is a real boon.
CW contacts:  44
SSB contacts: 21
The majority of my Qs were to the Midwest. Then a sprinkling to the South and a
few Southwest later in the afternoon. Glad I didn't give up early when there
were no signals heard from those quarters.

Eqt.: K3 / P3
      HST key
      Acom 1000
      Hexbeam