[3830] ARRL June VHF KX7L SO 3Band LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 10 23:44:15 EDT 2018

                    ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: KX7L
Operator(s): KX7L
Station: KX7L

Class: SO 3Band LP
QTH: CN87

    6:  68     16
    2:  20      7
  222:
  432:   1      1
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  89     24  Total Score = 2,160

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

Came down with a cold a few days before the contest, so was not in prime shape,
(especially my voice).  Then the mike started acting flakey, then died
completely in the last couple hours. And I found out the 432 antenna was kaput,
so only one QSO on that band.  After a week of Es almost every day, not much up
here during the contest - that lasted more than a couple minutes anyway.  Lots
of very strange little openings - 10-15 secs, long enough for one FT8 decode,
and that's all.  They seemed a bit long and too frequent for MS burns (and most
of the stations heard were a little too far away).
But am I complaining? Of course not!  Probably worked the most number of
"local" grids ever, thanks mostly to FT8, including two new ones: DO00
and DN06. (thanks VE7SCC and KD1RX, respectively!)