[3830] ARRL June VHF KM7N Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 11 00:33:29 EDT 2018

                    ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: KM7N
Operator(s): KM7N
Station: KM7N

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  13     11
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  13     11  Total Score = 143

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

My first ARRL VHF contest, and I was very much looking forward to it, due mostly
to the 6M conditions we have been experiencing in the last week.  It was a
pretty decent day on 6M, hearing states I had never heard before on 6 (like MD,
NY, and NH).  I think FT8 has taken a pretty huge bite out of 6M SSB, as I only
logged a single phone contact.  Had some learning curves with the NA VHF contest
mode in the WSJT software, and since my 6M rig is connected to a different
computer than my main shack computer, I also fumbled around and figured out how
to network the two computers with N1MM and JTAlert.  It was pretty neat to log a
contact in WSJT and see the Q automagically appear on the N1MM log on that
computer, and then pop up on the N1MM log on the main shack computer and then
see the score update!  Technology is a beautiful thing!

Even though it wasn't a full time effort, it was a fun contest where I learned a
lot, and even added some new VUCC grids.  Thanks for all the Qs!