[3830] ARRL June VHF K7BWH Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 11 10:11:23 EDT 2018

                    ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: K7BWH
Operator(s): K7BWH
Station: K7BWH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: DN08se
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  57     37
    2:   1      1
  222:
  432:   1      1
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  59     39  Total Score = 2,340

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

This was an expedition to activate rare grid square DN08 on 6m. Rod WE7X and I
set up stations at Gold Mtn Lookout, 4650' ASL, within the Colville Indian
Reservation  in the NE corner of Washington State at DN08se33. I operated
FT8-only which helped the two of us share the tiny mountaintop although
significant interference remained between us.

The band was dead on Saturday so I worked all the FT8 ops within a few grid
squares of us. Sunday offered rapidly fluctuating 6m openings.

In spite of poor conditions I was pleased to work several hams who'd contacted
me in advance, most notably Joe W0FY for whom I provided one of his final two
grids for his insanely difficult FFMA award pursuit.