[3830] ARRL June VHF VE3SMA/R Unlimited Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jun 13 16:35:01 EDT 2018

                    ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: VE3SMA/R
Operator(s): VE3AYR VE3EG VE3MA VE3SMA
Station: VE3SMA/R

Class: Unlimited Rover LP
QTH: Ontario
Operating Time (hrs):

  903:   20     6
  1.2:   22     4
  2.3:    3     1
  3.4:    1     1
  5.7:    5     4
  10G:    1     1
  24G:    5     4
-------------------
Total:  299   107  Total Score = 58,800

Score includes an additional 5 multipliers for the grids activated.

This score estimate may be a bit rough...counts from the handwritten logs prior
to entering into the computer, which will make duping and grid-counting much
easier!

My first, rather hastily arranged, and not quite full-time attempt at Unlimited
Rover, with three other part-time operators.  Thanks to Alex, Hugh and Keith for
making it possible.  There wasn't quite enough room for the operators and gear
for all bands at all times so we had to give up some microwave QSO
opportunities.  Keith was the lucky one to get to operate the 6m opening on
Sunday afternoon.

There were brief bits of tropo on Sunday afternoon too...huge signals from K3MEC
on all the bottom 4 bands, and a rare (for me) FM19 QSO on 903 MHz.

I'm quite happy with the result, having beaten the previous Canadian record
score by a wide margin.

73,
Steve VE3SMA