[3830] ARRL June VHF KD5IKG/R Rover HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jun 15 14:44:40 EDT 2018

                    ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: KD5IKG/R
Operator(s): KD5IKG
Station: KD5IKG/R

Class: Rover HP
QTH: STX

  432:   46     9
  903:    7     1
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  258    78  Total Score = 28,938

Club: Roadrunners Microwave Group

Comments:

Did not have any opennings on Saturday, Sunday was much better but found my self
driving during the opennings till i could capitalize at a stopping point off the
highway.  Driving and operating solo does present some challenges in getting a
high score!  10K better than last year, know there were more points to be had,
but safety first, needed to survive to log the scores, only 4 deer onthe road in
front of me on my travels, so eyes on the road and not on the radio are a must!
New radio with FT8 helped a little, but lost two hours for having the wrong mic
port sellected so no one was responding, it was keying but no audio, risk of a
new radio just before the contest.  Had fun, 73's de KD5IKG/r till September.
Missed a couple of RMG stations this year, normally would have had 3 or 4 more
people with all bands from all grids.