[3830] SMIRK K0PV LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 17 20:16:15 EDT 2018

                    SMIRK Contest

Call: K0PV
Operator(s): K0PV
Station: K0PV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: COLORADO

Total:  CW Qs = 0  Ph Qs = 27  Mults = 18  Total Score = 630

Club: ECDXS

Comments:

Had hoped to better my efforts from last years contest, however the ES Gods and
Mother Nature did NOT rule in my favor.  According to DXMaps, the band looked
quite open, but on closer review, 98 percent of the spots were either beacons or
FT8.  FT8 seems to be taking most of the oxygen away from the SSB and CW modes.
I wish the FT8 ops would put their computers up for a day or two and help
support the SMIRK contest.  Oh well, heres hoping the newness will wear off B4
next year.

73, Don  K0PV  SMIRK nr36
Aurora, Colorado