[3830] TBDC K1WHS Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jun 19 19:40:47 EDT 2018

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Summer

Call: K1WHS
Operator(s): K1WHS
Station: K1WHS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN43mj

Total:  QSOs = 112  Total Score = 318

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I was hoping to check out my renovated beverage antennas. I had reduced the
noise level on several of them, but as the night wore on, the noise just kept
building and building. Must have been a bunch of T storms to my west. It made
copy of west coast stations very difficult. I lasted until 0500 UT then went
QRT. Very few Europe heard here. I think I worked three stations and heard a YO
station as well as FR4NT who got covered up by a W8 station CQing on the same
frequency. That would have been a nice QSO! Rig is a K3 + amplifier and a
quarter wave vertical for TX. I use beverages for RX.