[3830] ARRL FD N7MZW 1D LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 24 16:19:39 EDT 2018

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: 1D LP
QTH: Cheyenne, WY

  160:
   80:           6
   40:         141
   20:         242
   15:           7
   10:          37
    6:           4
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   0     437      0  Total Score = 874

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

[log removed from comments]

START-OF-LOG: 3.0
CREATED-BY: N3FJP's ARRL Field Day Contest Log 5.8
CONTEST: ARRL-FIELD-DAY
CALLSIGN: N7MZW
LOCATION: WY.
ARRL-SECTION: WY
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: SSB
CATEGORY-TIME: 24-HOURS
CLUB: Grand Mesa Contestors of Colorado
OPERATORS: N7MZW
NAME: Chuck Williams
ADDRESS: 3601 Dillon Ave. Apt B
ADDRESS-CITY: Cheyenne
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: Wyoming
ADDRESS-POSTALCODE: 82001
ADDRESS-COUNTRY:
EMAIL: n7mzw1 at gmail.com
SOAPBOX: Icom IC 706MKIIG with 100 watts output,,Heil Pro Micro
Headset,Vectronics HFT-1500 Manual Tuner,2 element cubical quad for 6 meter SSB
contacts only,(all with a N/W beam heading),and a ZS6BKW flat top up 50
feet,running N-S at 6,053 feet elevation from DN71 in Cheyenne, WY. Laramie
County. Significant QSB at times, but nice to see 10 and 6 meters open. NOTE:I
have removed all DELTA category contacts from my submitted log. 95% of ALL of my
2018 Field Day contacts contained the time killing phrase "please
copy".This and all of the unneeded repeating of exchange information
elements (that never need repeating unless requested by the other station) is
VERY POOR TRAINING for our future contesters and/or emergency communicators. We
all should try much harder to not indoctrinate these poor practices in new (or
potentially new) Amateur Radio Operators! QST STAFF: PLEASE remind Field Day
participants that Delta stations using commercial power should not work other at
home Delta stations. Delta stations,(as clearly stated in the Field Day Rules)
should work the Ops in the Field who have earned their mosquito bites and sun
burns, not the easy copy DELTA category home stations! Always a good time, even
from home. Thanks for the contacts.
----------NOVEMBER SEVEN MANY ZEBRAS WALKING-DN71-Cheyenne,
END-OF-LOG: