[3830] ARRL FD K3WJV 1D HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 25 00:50:53 EDT 2018

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: 1D HP
QTH: PA

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

No so2r for this other than having the 2nd radio all ready on another band to
jump around a little.  Only reason for the few phone Q's was every year I work
my buddies back in the hometown area and get on 75 ssb to touch base.  Last
year
I made 13 Q's but this year I could only take so much of the "please
copy"
syndrome.  This year they even used "please copy" when calling another
station.

Tried to work all the esp signals I could.  High points included having KH6
call
me during a run.  Only missed NT in Canada plus KL7-KP4 & KV4.  Other high
point
if you want to call it that was running across a station on 80 cw with a huge
signal calling CQ but never answering anybody.  It went on for several hours.
I took the time to drop an email and afterwards I got a reply with the
explanation.  He left auto repeat going when he went to bed.  For the life of
me
I never thought of that being a possibility, hi.  But every time I tuned across
the signal sure enough I gave another call thinking this might be the time I
get
through.

Had lots of fun.  I was only 21 Q's short of last year's total.  I think this
was the first time I recall working D class stations with more than one xmtr.
I can see 2D but worked a couple 4D's.  Maybe I'll remember to at least copy
the
bulletin for some bonus points.  CU next year.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron
Inv vees for 40m-80m-trapped 160 @ 55ft

Palstar HF-AUTO    WinKeyer USB & Vibroplex paddle
Rx ants - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbogs staggered & spaced @ 66ft - DXE ncc-2
SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger