[3830] ARRL FD W7C 1A LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 25 18:02:45 EDT 2018

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: W7C
Operator(s): K0FTC N0TA
Station: W7C

Class: 1A LP
QTH: WY
Operating Time (hrs):

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------

** The score is a WAG!

We setup in a saddle about a mile below the summit of Jelm Mountain WY. The
Badger Creek fire was to the west, and mostly under control; however, we kept a
careful lookout! A bit of wind, and rain/hail Saturday evening and Sunday
morning, which was good for fire suppression.

We used a doublet supported by two hills, and 15m & 20m elevated verticals.
Rig was a TS-480. No major problems other than the wind collapsing the vertical
poles and breaking the radials. 80m was a disappointment; however, the 15m
activity was a welcome surprise Sunday morning.