[3830] ARRL FD W5UR 1A LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jun 29 19:07:03 EDT 2018

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: W5UR
Operator(s): K8TE N5SJ N5EPA W0AMT
Station: W5UR

Class: 1A LP
QTH: Santa Fe NM

   40:  299     14
   10:    6     13
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  673     27      0  Total Score = 3,596

Club: Albuquerque DX Assn

Comments:

Drummed out of our original location, we found a home in an air-conditioned
trailer on the NM DHS EOC site.  Our station was comfortable, the 95+ degrees
and Sun were not for setup and teardown!  In addition, there was new RFI on all
HF bands making copy extremely difficult for all but strong signals.  Sorry if
we didn't answer your calls!

I had a back-up CW op this year, Mike, N5SJ, who made my life much easier!  We
snuck in just a few 40m SSB contacts and one less on 6m to fill the gaps.  The
K3 performed flawlessly as did the Six-Pack and Dunestar system used to share
the antennas with a "training" rig.  Training went on so maybe we'll
have a sideband station next year.

Like I read elsewhere, the Friday dinner was great and the Sunday shower even
better!  73, Bill, K8TE, President ADXA