[3830] ARRLDX SSB K3HW SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 4 18:42:43 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3HW
Operator(s): K3HW
Station: K3HW

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Skippack, PA

Total:  158    71  Total Score = 33,654

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Nor'easter than Murphy struck this weekend.  Two power outages put me in the
dark until Saturday PM. First time that has happened to me during a big 4 test!
Then my amp blew a tube on Sunday afternoon.  Took about one hour to test and
fixed as I luckily had some extra tubes on hand.  You needed an amp as poor as
the conditions were this weekend.  Thanks to the DX for pulling out my tiny
signal from the pileups and QSB.  Very strange propagation this weekend.  Great
JA opening around 4PM on Sunday which seemed really early! JA3YBK was 20 over at
4:15PM.  Did not hear any VK or ZL which is very odd.  Maybe the solar wind
storm that hit this weekend had something to do with that.  See in perhaps in
WPX..