[3830] ARRLDX SSB K3WJV SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 4 19:31:51 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: PA

   10:    4     4
-------------------
Total:  788   264  Total Score = 624,096

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

After having the K3 exhibit 12 volt err issues during cw I wasn't sure if I
would have a rig for this one.  No mic on my Yaesu and the parts to fix the K3
came in wrong.  I cleaned up the injured connecting pins and had no issues all
weekend.  So only so1r even though I wouldn't have done so2r for phone anyway.

I was lucky that the Nor'easter was a bust here in the tundra.  we only  got 4
to 5 inches of snow and no power outages like everybody east of me.  Some of our
guys still have no power.  And there is talk of another storm this Wednesday.
Oh well, it still is winter.

This effort was a typical almost all s&p ssb effort.  I don't run much on
phone and only had one run of about an hour.  It was pretty intense though.  It
was fun even though it was ssb.  Our club chat system was  very active all
weekend and kept everyone amused.  It took the edge off for many I think.  I
wound up beating last year's score so guess things were successful in that
sense.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Alpha 89
K3/P3 & Acom 2000A

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron
Inv vees for 40m-80m-trapped 160 @ 55ft

Palstar HF-AUTO    WinKeyer USB & Vibroplex paddle
Rx ants - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbogs staggered & spaced @ 66ft - DXE ncc-2
SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger